Sage Bariatric Institute would like to introduce you to some resources to increase mobility and increase metabolism.
Did you know that our Physical Therapists can help you with recovery from weight loss surgery and lose weight?
You’re thinking that Physical Therapists only deal with things like tennis elbow and rehab from broken bones, right?
Well, we aren’t your average Physical Therapists. We specialize in not only helping you recover from surgery scars and pain, but also can help you work smarter, not harder, to reach your goal weight.
What can we help you with?
- Weight Loss Surgery Scar Pain. After surgery your scar can be tender from the healing process or can adhere to tissue underneath the scar in the abdominal cavity. This leads to pain that restricts movement. Our therapists can work with you to prevent this from happening or reduce this pain.
- Pelvic Pain. Prolonged pressure on the pelvic floor can cause significant pelvic pain at rest, with movement, and during intercourse. We can work with you to strengthen the pelvic floor and surrounding muscles, reducing or eliminating pain.
- Incontinence. Have you ever experienced urine leakage when getting in and out of your car? Or when standing up from a seated position? This can be caused by a surgery scar adhering to the pelvic floor or bladder, pelvic floor weakness from prolonged belly pressure, or poor muscle control in the pelvis. We can work with you to strengthen your muscles, eliminating that annoying leakage.
- Painful Muscles and Joints. Inactivity, weakness, or prolonged pressure on knees, hips, and back can make any movement very painful and limit your mobility. Our therapists are experts at navigating your aches and pains so that you can fully live your life.
How can we help you lose weight?
Successful Exercise. So many patients we work with have failed at exercise in the past. You kill yourself at the gym, only to see the scale stay the same. That’s because the general belief is that the harder you work, the more weight you lose. This is not true. We can teach you how to work smarter, not harder, to reach your weight loss goals.
You work less and lose more. Sounds too good to be true?
Our therapists use heart rate monitors to measure when you are in the optimal zone for losing weight. Then we give you exercises that keep you in this zone so that you burn fat during your workout and when you are at rest. This optimal zone typically requires less exertion than you would think and doesn’t leave you feeling exhausted at the end of your workout, but energized. We continue to monitor your optimal heart rate zone as you increase your stamina and lose weight so we can adjust your workout as your body changes.
We’ve also got some other tools that help with weight loss:
Online Exercise Tracker. We can assign exercises, communicate with you when you aren’t in the clinic, and track your progress together on our online web app.
At Home Videos. Our online videos, housed in our web app, are always available so you can be sure you’re doing the right exercises at home.
AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill. Through patented NASA technology this treadmill can remove up to 80% of your body weight so you can…
- Walk or run without discomfort or pain.
- Burn more calories by going further or faster than you normally can.
- Train without injuries.
- Feel the joy of walking or running without painful impact on your joints.
Located next door to Sage Bariatric Institute at 9618 Huebner Road, Suite 219, San Antonio, TX 78240
Call us today (210-714-5810) so that we can work together as you recover from surgery and lose weight.
Free Bariatric Fitness and Recovery classes! Join fitness expert and international, award-winning fitness DVD star Leah Sarago every Saturday to maximize your health goals. These free classes focus on mobility and flexibility and challenge you to progress into muscular strength and endurance. The classes are meant to be therapeutic to leave you feeling better than when you arrived, all while developing your exercise capacity, knowledge, and confidence. Join Leah at Iron Barre Fitness in Boerne every Saturday at 10:30am and continue your commitment to a healthy and active life! For more information and to sign-up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ironbarrefitness.com